Whether you are looking for a studio, a detached house or a luxury apartment, we provide the best selection of properties available to rent in the local area. All properties are carefully selected by us for their suitability as rented accommodation and we only let properties which we believe are of a good standard and are fully compliant with current legislation.
We also expect all tenants to look after the property let - with any damages recovered less fair wear & tear. No smoking is permitted.
Please be advised that all Properties are offered for Let as seen and no one is permitted to remove / store furniture outwith the Property without the Landlords express written consent. In effect the Property when viewed is exactly what is on Offer - so please bear this in mind prior to viewing!
We do not charge tenants fees and we endeavour at all times to provide a fair and reliable service to all Tenants with HPS.
- Highland Property Services are members of a government approved tenant deposit protection scheme so we do not hold Tenant deposit funds, so tenants renting one of our fully managed properties can rest assured that their deposit is fully protected by the current Scottish Government regulations.
- Our Client Money Protection Insurance also provides our Tenants and Landlords with excellent cover under our Association of Residential Letting Agents ARLA membership.
- References - We must always undertake extensive Credit Vetting as part of our Agency services on behalf of a Landlord but will always endeavour to provide this in as sensitive a manner as possible - subject to the correct and accurate information being provided to us at all times. This may also require Proof of Residency and Employment Confirmation in the UK and will / may also require a Bank opinion prior to being able to confirm a properties availability. The Landlord will always choose the Tenant personally and thereafter instruct us accordingly. No Tenancy should ever be considered confirmed until all the necessary Documentation is fully signed off by all parties and full payment has been received in advance of any Keys being passed over!
- The bulk of Properties on offer remain furnished but we also now focus on un-furnished and partially furnished properties which may include (white goods) curtains / floor-coverings etc. Please check this - prior to any viewings!
- A token few Properties may also accept one pet - which will be subject to Landlords express consent but will also be subject to a further financial Deposit and evidence (Contractor Receipt) of a professional clean / fumigation when the Property is vacated.
- All Tenants are welcome to attend any final check out (normally 12 noon) subject to HPS agreeing a suitable time, within Office Hours " Monday - Friday ". We regret that once any final check out time is confirmed by HPS this cannot be changed and a Tenant cannot insist on being present at any final Check out, although we always recommend this - but within Office Hours only.
- Please be advised that current Scottish Government legislation limits a maximum of two people or a single family unit being authorised to share any size of self contained property within the Highland area.
- A specialist H.M.O. license is required for more than 2 persons to share any property - other than a recognised family unit. It is an offence with severe penalties where this is breached.
We will normally undertake a formal check in and check out procedure-subject to the Landlords instructions, with each and every tenancy and will ensure all Tenant Deposit monies are paid direct to the Scottish Government approved Tenant Deposit Scheme provider or to the landlord direct for any non-managed tenancy - all within the specified timescales.
Sorry Pets are not allowed within any Property unless otherewise agreed in writing by the Landlord with no exceptions.
References - we will normally require up to 3 years Credit Checks, Proof of UK Residency and Employment details for all Tenants.
Whatever your reasonable requirements are, our lettings team are here to help and advise you.