HPS may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25 May 2018.
The types of information we collect
We collect personally identifiable information, like names, companies, postal addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses, when voluntarily submitted by our visitors. The information you provide is used to fulfill your specific request, unless you give us permission to use it in another manner, for example to add you to one of our mailing lists. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
How we may use the information collected
We use this information to understand your needs and fulfill your request, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To provide you with information in answer to a question you have asked.
- To process/administer all enquiries regarding the sale or letting of a property. Any personal information will be deleted 1 year after the property has become unavailable. On request, we will delete any personal details (except name) within the 1 year time frame on request. We will keep your name, which we will keep indefinitely, as a record of the viewing/enquiry.
- Should you enter into a sale or lease at a property, we may provide your information to our third party contractors/solicitors/utilities only as and when it may be required during your contract. We will gain your consent before passing your contact details onto these third party contractors.
- We are legally required to hold some personal information to fulfil statutory obligations, for example booking records for accounts.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you by email about HPS news, legislation, updates, but only if you have consented to this by subscribing to our mailing list. We will not contact you again if you ask us not to.
- If you send any content that we believe to be inappropriate or content in breach of any laws, such as defamatory content, we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your internet provider or law enforcement agencies.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to be added to our mailing list, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by unsubscribing via the link on all our email newsletters
- You have the ‘right to be forgotten’ whereby we will remove all personal information we hold on you. Please contact email@example.com with this request.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. We will only pass on personal information when required to fulfil our contact, or when we are required by law to do so.
If you believe that the information we hold on you is incorrect, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We do not store credit/debit card details.
Website/Paper files/computer files/mailing list
The HPS website is hosted by SiteHQ based in the UK. The site overall uses encryption (https) to ensure security of data transmitted between client and the site. All paper files are kept in a locked filing cabinet. Our computer files are all accessed by password protected computers. Our mailing list is hosted by Aweber and they have certified their compliance with EU-US Privacy Shield. Should you enter into a lease at one of our properties, HPS uses a database hosted by SME. It is based in the UK and has confirmed that their data centres, which are all EU based are accredited to the stringent standards of ISO/IEC 27001.
If you have any questions about this policy or would like to see the information we hold about you, please contact email@example.com with “Data Protection” in the subject line, or write to HPS, Station Square, Aviemore, Inverness-shire, PH22 1PD.
You must first provide proof of identification before any information will be shared with you or removed.