ARLA & Scot. Gov. approved
Property Letting and Management Agency
Highland Property Services operate a fully Scottish Government approved and ARLA licensed Letting Agency and are fully signed up members of the Letting Agent Code of Practice (Scotland) Regulations 2016. We provide an established and comprehensive residential letting and property management service, focusing on property throughout the Spey Valley & Cairngorms National Park. We were also the first Letting Agency in the Highlands to register with Highland Council to secure our unique Letting Agency Registration number.
NEW - Company Director & ARLA approved member James Armour is pleased to announce his recent ARLA SCQF Level 6 award - being the only letting agents in the area to have achieved this level of award and competency with the Association of Residential Letting Agents A.R.L.A. This award in Residential Letting and Property Management in Scotland has ensured our Agency is best placeed to guide you through the labyrinth of new property legislation to ensure compliance with the recent Scottish Government legislation to professionally lease your residential property with our Agency to maximise the best achievable Rental rates !
- We offer Three levels of Agency representation with competitive Fees for our comprehensive Agency services.
- We hold full Professional Indemnity Insurance for our residential letting Agency services.
- We hold full Client Money Protection ensuring all monies are held and managed securely and appropriately.
- We operate with an approved Tenant Deposit Scheme provider - ensuring all Tenant funds are held securely.
- We INCLUDE a quarterly property inspection with email landlord report within our competitive fees - managed only.
- HPS do not charge Tenant Fees and fully Vett all Tenants prior to proceeding with any Tenancy.
These Mandatory codes of practice, together with ongoing staff training provided by the above associations, ensure we endeavour at all times to operate "best practise" via close personal contact and liaison with our landlords and tenants alike !
Property Owners / Landlords - Property Appraisal - We can arrange to visit your property and can provide you with a rental appraisal confirming what the property can realistically expect to achieve. * please ask for more details.
We also operate a range of referral services including arranging property maintenance and the relevant Pre-Let Property tests including : GAS checks, EICR, EPCs, Legionnaires Risk Assessment and PAT testing as appropriate.
Residential Property Leasing : The Private Housing (Tenancies) (Scotland) Act 2016 introduced a new tenancy regime into Scotland in 2017 called the Private Residential Tenancy (PRT).
The main points to note are:
- There will be no fixed minimum term.
- The “no fault” ground has been removed.
- In order to end a tenancy a landlord will need to use one of the 18 grounds for possession some of which are mandatory and others discretionary.
- The tenant has the right to dispute the ground for eviction and in this case a landlord will need to seek eviction through the First Tier Tribunal (FTT).
The Act also endeavours to introduce a Model DRAFT Tenancy Agreement with the aim of introducing consistency of practice - with HPS customising the Tenancy Agreement to insure any Landlord special requests are fully represented.
Client Money Protection Scheme We understand that we are the only local Agents to operate a Client Money Protection scheme whereby all Client monies are guaranteed in a secure dedicated Client account.
Tenant Deposit In order to comply with Scottish Government legislation and the appropriate Tenants Deposit Scheme we highly recommend a full check in and check out service together with an Inventory check as appropriate - which we will be pleased to arrange.
Inventory & Condition Report In order to comply with all curent Scot. Gov. legislation we
Property Management We are the only local Agency operating a regular quarterly inspection service included in our monthly Fees, which ensures all properties are regularly checked with an email report sent to the landlord/owner - within 7 days. *managed only.
We Credit check / ID and Vett all Tenants prior to any Tenancy and assist all Landlords to register with Highland Council.
Contact Gordon Gilfillan to arrange a rental appraisal for your property.